Here’s a version of a healthy, light zucchini casserole with goat cheese and mint. Zucchinis are always readily available in markets, and they are easy to grow. Honestly, I can never have enough zucchini recipes! This casserole makes a great side dish, or you can have it as a main lunch. The fragrant blend of goat cheese and mint makes this zucchini casserole a keeper for your quick weeknight dinners.
Ingredients list for the zucchini casserole
- Zucchini (4 or 5 depending on size)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup (30cl) of heavy cream
- Goat cheese
- 4 sprigs of mint
- Salt and pepper
Ham Cheese & Spinach Puffs
1. Preheat your oven to 330°F (165°C). Wash and dry the zucchini. Trim the ends and detail sliced zucchini very finely using a mandolin slicer or a vegetable peeler.
2. Mix the eggs, cream, salt and pepper together.
3. Place the zucchini slices, slightly overlapping, in a round gratin dish. Make only one layer of vegetable. Sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese and chopped mint.
4. Pour the egg mixture and bake for 30-40 minutes in the preheated oven.
5. Serve warm or cold with ham.
Note: Zucchini slices must be very thin. They should not be more than 1 or 2 mm thick … otherwise zucchini water will soak your dish and make it soggy.