Ingredients list for cashew caramel cookies
For 30 cookies
- 2 1/3 cups (230 g) flour
- 12 ounces (350 g) cashew nuts (roasted and salted, or nature)
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil, optional (it helps to smoothen the cashew paste)
- 4 ounces (120 g) butter
- 5 1/4 ounces (150 g) brown sugar
- 3 1/2 ounces (100 g) sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Creamy Four Cheese Spinach Butternut Squash
Salted butter caramel sauce
- (50g) of sugar
- (6cl) of liquid cream
- (25g) salted butter
1. Mix a bit more than half of the cashews in a blender to make a paste. Add rapeseed oil if necessary. For my part, having used raw cashews, I do not need to put in oil.
2. Coarsely chop the remaining cashews.
3. Mix the cashew paste, butter, and sugar until the mixture gets pale and foamy. You can do it by hand or with your mixer. Add the egg and vanilla extract.
4. Stir in flour and chopped cashews. Mix and form a ball.
5. Place small balls of dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 360°f (180°c) from 10 to 15 minutes, flattening them halfway through.
Prepare the caramel sauce and salted butter
1. Gently melt the sugar in a saucepan. When it begins to get an amber color, add the butter off the heat.
2. Put back on the fire. Pour in the cream and whisk well to homogenize. Beware, it splashes a bit but that’s okay!