How to start your day on good tracks and get a boost of energy in the morning? That’s where these small carrot-hazelnut bars come in; healthy, ultra-light, and soft. Almond milk makes them look beyond moist; they’re perfect with a cup of coffee or tea! Why not test these carrot bars for your next family get-together, where everybody’s lounging around enjoying bite after bite of your carrot cake bars? Plus kids will get a bit of carrot without them even knowing it!
Ingredient list for the carrot and nut bars
- 2 cups (200g) of flour
- 3 1/2 ounces (100g) hazelnuts
- 1 packet (1 1/4 tbsp – 14g) of baking powder
- 1/3 cup (75g) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4/5 cup (20cl) of almond milk
- 4 grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Mix the flour, hazelnut powder, baking powder, and ground cinnamon in a large bowl.
2. Beat the eggs and sugar at high speed until they get pale, and then reduce speed to add almond milk to the mixture.
3. Gently pour and stir the “dry” ingredients (mixture from step 1) in.
4. Finally, stir in the grated carrots.
5. Pour into a cake pan, sprinkle with oatmeal, then bake for 40 minutes at 410°F (210°C).
Note: You can also try a variant with a little grated coconut and raisins
Nina L. Palmer