From fresh pasta with homemade pesto to a delicious lasagna layered with salmon and cream sauce, the variety of pasta dishes is an endless source of inspiration in the kitchen and a pleasure at the table. The green star of this easy weeknight recipe, spinach is a perfect accent to mozzarella as a light sauce over thin Capellini pasta. Sauteed with dried tomatoes with extra virgin olive oil, this pasta dish is hearty enough to shine as a main course or as side for meats or poultry.
Ingredients list for the Capellini with Mozzarella Spinach & Dried tomatoes
For 2 people:
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound (250g) of Cappellini
- 2 large handfuls of spinach leaves
- 1 clove of garlic
- 8 beautiful petals of dried tomatoes
- 1 ball of mozzarella
- Salt, pepper from the mill
Super-Fudgy Double Chocolate Brownie
1. Wash the spinach, remove the central stem and coarsely chop and set aside.
2. Cut the petals of dried tomatoes into thin slices.
3. Peel the garlic and crush with a garlic press, or slice it thinly.
4. In a skillet, heat a little olive oil and sauté the dried tomatoes and garlic, then add the spinach leaves. Season with salt and pepper, stir and let simmer for 5 minutes over medium-low heat.
5. Meanwhile, cook pasta for 3 minutes in boiling salted water.
6. Cut the ball of mozzarella into cubes.
7. Drain the pasta and pour into the skillet with spinach and mix. Add the diced mozzarella and serve immediately.