Vegan and egg-free, this dreamy blueberry coconut ice cream is perfect for dessert, snack time, or anytime. With only three ingredients and easy to make, deliciousness can be as close as your freezer!
Ingredients list for the Blueberry coconut ice cream
- 2 cups (approx. 300g) blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1-2 pinches salt
1. In a blender or food processor, add blueberries; pulse a few times until smooth with a few chunks. Add honey, coconut milk and a pinch of salt; process for a few more seconds until combined.
2. Pour the ice cream mixture into an ice cream maker and start churning. Depending on your ice cream machine it may take 20-60 minutes to bring ice cream to a soft serve consistency. It won’t fully freeze. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can skip this step but make sure to whisk the mixture vigorously before freezing.
3. Transfer blueberry ice cream into any container with a lid and freeze for 2-3 hours. Let thaw for 10 minutes before serving.
Good trick: To make it extra creamy, the key is to churn or whisk the mixture to incorporate as much air a possible. We recommend to use a full fat coconut milk as it produces creamy and smooth ice cream. It is generally available organic and regular.