Whatever the season, the smell of roasted chicken and herbs will always bring everyone back to your kitchen for a good evening dinner! We made this recipe not too heavy by baking cockerels instead of a whole chicken, so everyone can have every parts of the bird! No more jealousy anymore! Of course, you can use a chicken if you cannot find cockerels easily. Perfect for an outdoor dinner, enjoy these cockerels with a fresh glass of rosé wine.
Ingredient list for the stuffed cockerels
- 4 cockerels
- 2 fresh goat cheeses
- 2 bunches of spring onions
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 cloves of garlic
- Thyme and rosemary
- Salt and pepper
1. Crush and knead goat cheese with spring onions, cut into small pieces, crumble a little thyme over, and add salt and pepper.
2. Stuff the cockerels and align them into a rectangular baking dish.
3. Drizzle the poultry with olive oil and honey.
4. Sprinkle with thyme and rosemary.
5. Arrange the whole garlic cloves around and add a little water in the bottom of the baking dish.
6. Bake the cockerels in the oven for 45 min at 360°F (180°C), until they are golden.
7. Halfway through cooking, add the remaining spring onions — lightly salted — alongside the cockerels. Serve directly from the dish. Enjoy!
Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 45 min to 1 hr, depending on the size and number of cockerels (or chicken)
(Photo by : Eleonora Grosjean)