If you’re serious about fighting winter’s bite, here’s an easy beef dumpling soup that’ll keep you feeling warm and cozy all week long. See the recipe for two below!
Ingredient list for the beef dumpling soup
- 1 large sheet of fresh lasagna
- 1/2 pound (220g) ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2-inch fresh ginger root, grated
- Chopped cilantro, to taste
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon five spice powder
Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti Squash
- 1 onion, sliced
- Cilantro, to taste
- Cayenne peppers, sliced, to taste (optional)
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 1-inch fresh ginger root, grated
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 liter vegetable broth (or 1 liter boiling water + 1 bouillon cube)
You’ll also need a heart shaped cookie cutter.
1. In a large bowl, combine ground beef with garlic, ginger, cilantro, tomato, salt, pepper and five spices powder. Set aside.
2. Using the cookie cutter, punch the lasagna sheet to make an even number of hearts.
3. Dollop a coffee spoon of beef filling over one half of the hearts, and close with the second half of the lasagna hearts. Pinch the seam with your fingertips, then press with a fork. proceed quickly as fresh lasagna tends to dry up a bit. Set aside.
4. In a pot, cook the onion with oil until translucent. After a few minutes, add tomatoes and ginger, season with black pepper. Allow to cook for 3 minutes over medium heat then cover with vegetable broth.
5. When the broth is boiling, put the dumplings to cook for around 2 minutes. Add cilantro and cayenne peppers in.
6. Scoop the soup to the serving bowls then divide the beef dumplings into bowls. Sprinkle some additional cilantro.