Almost nothing gets gobbled up at a party faster than meatballs. Here is a new take on everyone’s favorite comfort food: Baked Zuchini & Corn Meatballs. Ground beef, zucchini, soft and sweet corn, melty grated cheese, onion, garlic and parsley are mixed and formed into super-tasty skewered meatballs. Serve this quick and flavorful preparation with a sweet and spicy sauce, it’s totally delish!
Ingredients list for the zucchini corn meatballs
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Serves 4-5 :
- 3/4 pound (300g) beef
- 1 large handful of grated cheese
- 1 onion
- 3 tablespoons corn
- 1/2 pound (200g) zucchini
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- A knob of fresh ginger
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 4 spices
Creamy Four Cheese Spinach Butternut Squash
1. In the bowl of a food processor, coarsely chop the onion, garlic, parsley, zucchini and meat. Do not mix too thin, otherwise it loses flavors. We must find the pieces of each ingredient.
2. Transfer this mixture into a bowl and add grated cheese, corn and egg. Mix well.
3. Season with salt and pepper. Add the 4 spices mix and ginger.
4. Shape the meatballs with your palm, the size of a large walnut.
5. Arrange the meatballs on a sheet of parchment paper or a silicone mat and bake at 360°F (180°F) for 15-20 minutes —depending on size of meatballs.
6. Carefully remove the meatballs from the oven, put on skewers and serve hot.
Notes: This preparation is also delicious for stuffed vegetables or samosas. Try with a bit mustard in the stuffing to spice up de meatballs.