This bacon and garlic mashed potato turns out to be the perfect side dish for turkey and gravy on your holiday table. Creamy, garlicky mashed potatoes are studded with crisp bacon bits, and a little green garnish like fresh chives goes a long way. This fresh twist on the classic favorite ensures the starchy carb tastes fantastic!
Ingredients list for the mashed potatoes
- 10 large potatoes (approx. 3lbs / 1.5kg) Yukon Gold or Russet Potatoes, peeled
- 3/4 cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup milk (plus for adjusting consistency)
- 3 or 4 strips of bacon
- Chopped chives
One-Pan Cajun Chicken
1. Cut potatoes into large chunks, put in a large saucepan or pot and cover with salted water, boil for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft and cooked through but not falling apart.
2. Meanwhile heat butter in a small saucepan over medium-heat. When it begins to foam, add the crushed garlic and reduce heat to medium-low and stir continuously until butter turns brown and develops a nutty fragrance. Remove immediately from heat.
3. Drain potatoes and transfer them back into your saucepan or pot. Pour the butter through a fine mesh sieve straight into the potatoes (keep the garlic pieces for later), and add parmesan and milk. Mash with a potato masher until smooth and creamy. You can add a small amount of milk if you want a thinner consistency. Adjust seasoning if needed. Add chopped chives, crisp bacon bits and fried garlic and mix well.
4. Transfer to a serving dish and serve with more parmesan, chopped chives, and crispy bacon.