If you’re looking for a special treat for a cozy brunch, these beautiful and delicious rose-like apple tarts are sure to please that special someone in your life. Naturally sweet apple slices are rolled up in a perfectly crispy puff pastry and sprinkled with a delicious caramel sauce. They tastes just like apple pie and look so beautiful!
Ingredients list for the apple roses
- 1 red apple (Honeycrisp, Royal gala or any red baking apple)
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce (get the recipe here)
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (follow directions on the box for thawing)
1. Preheat your oven to 400ºF (200°C). Core the apple, cut in half and slice thinly.
2. Place apple slices in a single layer on a plate and microwave on high for about 45 seconds to soften. Set aside.
3. Unroll the puff pastry sheet. Cut two 3-inch by 12- to 14- inch strips, using a knife or a pizza cutter.
4. Place the apple slices lengthwise on the long edge of the dough, about ¼-inch above the edge of the dough and slightly overlapping. Fold the bottom half of the dough over the apple slices with the rounded edges of the slices exposed.
5. Brush the surface of the dough with the caramel sauce. Starting from the end, roll the dough to form a rose-shaped pastry.
6. Generously butter the muffin pan and transfer roses to each cavities. Sprinkle with a little more caramel sauce on top and bake in the oven on the middle rack for about 40 minutes or until well browned (check often, baking time depends on our oven). Remove from oven and place on a rack and cool 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from ramekins and cool on a wire rack.
7. Serve warm or cool drizzled with warm caramel sauce or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!