If you have guests who stay at your home for the night, here’s a great way to have your breakfast together the next morning: these muesli and almond milk scones are really simple, easy to make, and very tasty!
Ingredient list for muesli scones with almond milk
To make 10 mini scones:
- 1 1/2 cup (150g) flour of your choice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup (30g) of sugar
- A pinch of salt.
- 1 1/3 oz (40g) softened butter
- 1 medium egg
- 3 tbsp (40ml) of almond milk
- 2 oz (60g) muesli
1. Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and a pinch of salt.
2. Add soft butter and mix with your fingertips.
3. Beat the egg, then add the almond milk and pour it into the center of the first mixture.
4. Mix until you have a ball of dough.
5. Stir in muesli.
6. Then you have two options: roll out the dough and cut scones with a cookie cutter (my favorite), or form a sausage and cut scones to the desired thickness (about 1 inch).
7. Place on parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes. Enjoy your scones still warm from the oven, spread with butter, almond puree, orange marmalade or cream. Keep your scones in a metal tin; they will be exquisite for several days!
- 1. You can replace the soft butter with almond puree, like a crumble.
- 2. You can also make the dough in the evening and bake scones the next morning.