A great summer lunch or dinner — Tender sauteed turkey breast cutlets smothered in a fragrant chicken stock based sauce! It’s the perfect balance of white meat and vegetable. Serve it with some brown rice pilaf for a really quick and easy gourmet tasting dinner.
Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 25 min
Ingredients list for turkey breast cutlets with carrots and zucchini
- 4 turkey cutlets
- 2 carrots
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 courgettes
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- (100ml) chicken stock
- ½ bunch basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
1. Cut the turkey cutlets into pieces.
2. Peel the carrots and cut into cubes.
3. Wash celery and cut into strips.
3. Wash and cut the zucchini into cubes, blanch tomatoes (remove the skin of tomatoes by plunging 2 minutes in a pot of boiling water then cooling into iced water), remove the seeds and cut tomato into cubes.
4. Peel and chop the onion.
5. In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and sauté the onion for 2 minutes.
6. Add carrots and celery. Salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
7. Add the turkey pieces and cook for 3 minutes, stirring.
8. Pour broth, diced tomato and tomato paste. Stir and cook for 10 minutes. Add zucchini and chopped basil. Cook for 5 minutes more.
Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking. Serve hot.