Macaroons are a very popular treat, but it’s true that it’s a bit difficult to master the art of making perfect macaroons.So to help you in this quest, here are a few guidelines to consider when you want to have a serious take on these sweet and amazing specialties:
The secrets of perfect macaroons
- 1. Organization: read the recipe carefully and have it in mind. Don’t rush, and take the time to gather good products.
- 2. Toast the almonds in the oven for 10 min in advance.
- 3. Separate eggs whites from yolks the day before.
- 4. Beat the egg whites at room temperature without being frenetic. Think in terms of “structuring” your egg whites. This will help for the following point.
- 5. Be careful not to have a dough that is too stiff nor too runny — buttons won’t spread well, or too much. That gives macaroons that stretch and may not have a collar thick enough. A good macaroons baking mat will help a lot for this.
- 6. Test and control your oven to find just the right temperature and cooking time.
- 7. Garnish your macaroons and keep them uncovered in the refrigerator for 24 hours to prevent condensation and softening.
- 8. Then keep them in a closed box and enjoy them up to 48 hours after being prepared.