This strawberry iced tea cooler is a boost of energy and antioxidants in a highly refreshing drink. Bright perfumes of lime and basil combine with the sweetness of strawberry for an irrestible drink you’ll want to sip on all day long.
Ingredients list for the Strawberry Iced Tea
For the strawberry syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 heaping cup strawberries, chopped (fresh or frozen)
For the iced tea
- 4 cups brewed green tea, that has been cooled
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from about three large lemons)
- Lime slices, basil leaves and quartered strawberries, for garnish
The strawberry syrup:
1. In a small saucepan set over medium heat, combine the water and sugar, and stir. Heat until the sugar dissolves. Once the sugar has dissolved, add the strawberries to the saucepan.
2. Simmer the strawberries and sugar mixture on low heat until the strawberries become very soft and the syrup has thickened, about ten minutes.
3. Strain the syrup into a glass measuring cup, and discard the strawberries (they’re delicious with greek yogurt). Place it in the refrigerator to chill completely.
The iced tea:
1. Fill a large pitcher with ice. In a large bowl, stir together the strawberry syrup, the chilled tea, and lime juice.
2. Pour the iced tea lemonade into the pitcher with ice. Add lime slices, basil and quartered strawberries to the pitcher.
3. Serve the iced tea over ice and garnish with strawberries, additional lime slices and basil. Enjoy!