Packed with nutrients, this broccoli brussels sprouts salad is the ultimate salad for this holiday season. Delicately shaved brussels sprouts and broccoli florets are tossed in a simple honey dijon vinaigrette, completed with crunchy walnuts and juicy pomegranate seeds. If you’ve never eaten these vegetables raw, you’re in for a delicious surprise!
Ingredients list for the broccoli brussels sprout salad
Serves 6 to 8:
- 1 lb. (500 g) brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1 or 2 heads broccoli, cut into very small florets
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup (250 ml) walnut oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) balsamic vinegar
- Zest of 1/2 lime
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup (60 g) pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup (125 g) walnuts, chopped
Oven Baked Mashed Potato Cakes
1. In a large bowl, combine walnut oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, lime zest, a pinch of salt and ground pepper. Add brussels sprouts, broccoli and red onion and toss to combine and coat well. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
2. Arrange on a serving platter, sprinkle the pomegranate seeds and walnuts over the salad. Enjoy!