Ingredients list Sauteed Mushrooms Tomato Sauce
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minus
- 1 pound (500g) of button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Fresh cracked black pepper
1. Choose tiny button mushroom, very regular in size so you can leave them whole. Wash the mushrooms under cold running water without soaking and cut the bottom end of the stem. If some mushrooms are large, cut into 2 or 4.
2. Put cleaned mushrooms in a saucepan. Add the tomato paste, ground coriander and just enough water to cover (about 2 cups – 50cl). Add the crumbled bouillon cube and cracked pepper. The sauce reduction will concentrate the salt.
3. Mix and bring to a simmer. Cook over low heat for 10-15 minute, stirring occasionally. Don’t cover.
4. Remove from heat, transfer into a salad bowl, then add the olive oil. Stir and let cool until serving.
Notes: Sprinkle 1 tablespoon fresh basil or chopped fresh cilantro before serving. You can use canned mushrooms; in this case, cook the mushrooms only 10 minutes.