You will go crazy for this amazing combo of avocado, roasted chickpeas and spices. All the flavors of guacamole and hummus come together in one rich, creamy dip. Dunk in some tortilla chips or toasted pita bits, and you have a healthy, flavorful snack to share around… or to enjoy by yourself!
Ingredients list for the Roasted Chickpeas and Avocado Dip
The roasted chickpeas
- 2 cups boiled chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 avocado, halved
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of one lime
- Fresh cilantro
- Cayenne pepper flakes (optional)
1. Preheat your oven at 400°F (200°C). Using a kitchen towel or paper towel, pat dry the chickpeas until they are completely dry. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and transfer the chickpeas on it.
2. Roast chickpeas in oven for 15 minutes.
3. Take them from the oven, but don’t leave the oven open. Drizzle olive oil on the chickpeas and mix them around with your hands so that they are all evenly coated. Sprinkle salt, chili and cumin and repeat the same step. Make sure they are all evenly coated with these spices.
4. Place back in the oven and roast for another 15 minutes.
5. In a blender, puree the roasted chickpeas with garlic. Add avocado halves, cilantro, lime juice and olive oil. Pulse until you get a smooth texture, adding more oil if you need to adjust the thickness. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with chili pepper flakes, additional roasted chickpeas and a drizzle of olive oil.