Forget the canned stuff! Make your own salsa in minutes with this fresh restaurant style recipe! Fast, easy, goofproof and tasty, this delicious salsa is just like the one you get at your favorite Mexican restaurant!
Ingredients list for the salsa
Yield: About 5 cups
- Roma, orange tomatoes, or both (about 1 lbs), diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis, undrained
- 1/2 onion, finely diced (approx. 1/4 cup)
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, sliced into 5 pieces, stem and seeds removed
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro (about a handful)
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 1 large lime)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar or honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
Baked Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Squash
Optional: for a thinner salsa you can add in a bit of tomato juice
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until all ingredients are finely chopped. If you don’t have a food processor, finely chop veggies then transfer into a mixing bowl, add canned tomatoes, lime juice, chili powder, and season with salt and pepper to taste and stir well.
2. Serve with tortilla chips. Store in your refrigerator up to 1 week.