Combining flavors to create new harmonies is an art and sometimes the most unusual pairings bring stunning results. Whether you need a sophisticated starter to serve before dinner or an impressive hors d’oeuvre to dazzle family and friends, this elegant pineapple mousse is the perfect treat for you. The sweet and creamy mousse plays an unexpected duo with savory prosciutto, while breadsticks add the necessary crunchiness. This appetizer is easy to put together and you don’t have to purchase a ton of condiments.
Ingredients list for the pineapple mousse with prosciutto & breadsticks
Serves 6 :
- 1 pineapple
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 sheets of gelatin
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup (25cl) whipping cream
- 6 slices of prosciutto
1. Soak the gelatin leaves in a bowl of cold water to soften.
2. Peel the pineapple, cut the flesh into pieces and mix in a food processor.
3. Pour the lemon juice and mix.
4. Heat the milk in a saucepan. Add the drained gelatin. Let cool, then mix quickly with pineapple puree.
5. Beat the very cold whipping cream, add salt at the end. Gently stir the whipped cream in pineapple puree.
6. Divide into 6 glasses and refrigerate for 6 hours at least.
7. Garnish each glass with a slice of prosciutto and a breadstick before serving.