Candied tomatoes with olive oil and thyme: nothing says beautiful weather like tomato! Here’s a delicious recipe for candied tomatoes that you’ll be able to enjoy until late summer. Very simple to make, it only needs a few minutes of preparation, then a long stay in the oven at a low temperature, then conservation in olive oil. You can add a peeled clove of garlic and a few sprigs of herbs, thyme, rosemary, oregano and marjoram in the glass jar.
Ingredient list for the candied tomatoes
For 1 medium jar, or 2 small jars:
- 1 lb (500g) cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- A few sprigs of thyme
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 250°F (120°C).
2. Grease a baking sheet or a large plate.
3. Wash and dry the tomatoes, cut them in half and arrange them on the baking sheet, cut side up.
4. Add salt and pepper, sprinkle with sugar and drizzle with olive oil. Add the thyme sprigs on top.
5. Bake the tomatoes at 250°F (120°C) for 1 hour 30 minutes. Allow to cool then put in jar(s) and cover with olive oil. Keep in your refrigerator.
Recipe ideas: You can put your candied tomatoes in pasta, rice, a focaccia or an omelet, or make some spread… After a few days, the oil’s scent is delicious, do not throw it and use it in your various seasonings!