Flat breads are pretty awesome, because they are so thin, yet loaded with a whole lot of flavors. Topped with fresh herbs pesto, this parmesan flatbread makes another amazing combination! Serve with a green salad for a light and satisfying meal the whole family will love.
Ingredient list for the Parmesan and Pesto Flatbread
For the bread:
- 3 cups (300g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1 cup (160g) grated parmesan
- 1/2 tablespoon (5g) of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- A pinch of salt
For the pesto:
- 2 spring onions (or 2 small onions)
- 4 sprigs of mint
- 4 sprigs of cilantro
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- 2 sprigs of parsley
- 1/3 cup (8cl) olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1. Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and parmesan into a large bowl. Boil water and pour over dry ingredients with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Knead for 5-10 minutes until the dough comes together. Form a ball (the dough should be a little sticky, dust your hands with flour before starting) and let rise for 45 minutes covered with a clean cloth in a warm place.
2. Divide the dough into 4 pieces and flatten the bread rolls to remove air bubbles. Do not flatten too much, otherwise your flatbreads will be crispy dry! Brush the breads with olive oil, cover and allow to rise again for 20 minutes. The dough should swell slightly.
3. Meanwhile preheat oven to (210°C) then bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden.
4. Meanwhile prepare the pesto:. Peel and finely chop garlic. Wash and dry herbs and chop them. Mix herbs, garlic, olive oil. Season lightly with salt and fresh cracked pepper .
5. Brush the warm breads with pesto and serve immediately!
(Photo: Encore une Lichette)