For an easy and quick dinner, this Italian inspired recipe echoes the warm weather and sun of summer. Ham, artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, and parmesan provide all these wonderful Mediterranean flavors. Orecchiette means “little ear” in Italian because of their obvious look. Their shape is perfect for holding onto seasoning and cream sauces. For this recipe, any type of pasta will do so you can use what you have in your pantry. This is meant to be a main dish but you can reduce the quantities to serve it as a starter in small ramekins. If you have kids, they will love it, for sure!
Ingredients list for Orecchiette Pasta with Ham, Artichokes & Sundried Tomatoes
- 13oz. (375g) of orecchiette, farfalle, or penne pasta
- 1lb (500g) cooked ham, thickly sliced
- 1/4lb (340g) artichoke hearts in oil, quartered
- 2 2/3 oz (75g) dried tomatoes, halved
- 2 3/4 oz (80g) parmesan cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 oz (60g) parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
The recipe is really not complicated, everything relies on the ingredients by themselves. If you can cook pasta al dente, it will be a success.
1. Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente, following the package instructions.
2. Meanwhile prepare all the other ingredients: slice ham, artichokes, dried tomatoes, cheese, parsley. Crush the garlic clove.
3. Drain the pasta.Combine the garnish ingredients together and pour over the pasta, stirring gently.
(Photo by Mia Mourdises)