A light, bright noodle salad packed with protein and vitamins and perfect for spring nights. Crisp carrots, scallion, red onion, cucumber and cilantro are served over a bed of rice noodles tossed with sesame seeds and a drizzle of honey-ginger vinaigrette.
Ingredients list for the noodle salad
- ½ package rice noodles
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, sliced
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 scallion
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- Sesame seeds
The honey ginger dressing:
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1-inch ginger root, peeled and grated
- Salt and pepper
1. Cook noodles: Bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add rice noodles, stir and cook for 5-6 minutes, until tender. Strain noodles in colander, then rinse with cold water. Shake off excess water and set aside.
2. Make the dressing: in a small jar, combine water, lime juice, honey, rice wine vinegar, ginger, salt, pepper, and oil.
3. Cut tops off carrots and peel. Grate or shred using a box grater over a large bowl.
4. Thinly slice scallion at an angle and discard the root end. Add chopped cilantro, cucumber, red onion and scallion to the salad bowl with carrots. Drizzle some of the dressing and toss to combine.
5. Transfer noodles to the bowl with carrots and herbs. Drizzle with remaining dressing to taste. Stir to combine. Salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
Note: You can add sliced Jalapeño to bring a spicy flavor. A teaspoon mayonnaise in the dressing will make it creamier if you like.