If you need to start you day off with something sweet, these brownie bites with coconut cannot be easier to make. Intensely deep in flavor, they are the perfect size and one is enough to satisfy any sweet treat craving.
Prep time: 12 mins
Baking time: 20 mins
Ingredients list for the mini coconut brownies
Makes 10 minis brownies:
- 5 1/3 oz (150g) dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup (180g) butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (90g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (90g) granulated sugar
- 4/5 cup (80g) all-purpose flour (or 1/2 cup – 80g cornstarch, for a gluten-free version)
- 2/3 cup (50g) shredded coconut, unsweetened + garnish
Baked Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. Preheat your oven 360°F(180°C).
2. In a saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over low heat. Whisk gently with a wooden spoon until smooth and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with sugar and brown sugar. Add melted chocolate progressively, mix well to incorporate. Add flour (or cornstarch) and shredded coconut and stir well.
4. Divide in mini muffin pans lined with baking cups and bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 360°F(180°C). Allow to chill on a wire rack and sprinkle with shredded coconut before serving warm or at room temperature.
Notes: To make these mini brownie bombs the best they can be, use the best dark chocolate you can find. An intensely dark chocolate with minimum 70% or more cocoa is what you want.
For more brownie goodness, check our double chocolate brownie recipe.