These blackberry cakes are a great way to showcase the bounty of fresh berries we have this summer. These mini-cupcakes cake holds a fluffy and flavored whipped cream , topped by a delicate fresh blackberry. Accompany with fresh fruit juice or your favorite tea. A great idea for a dinner party!
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2/5 cup (80g) sugar
- 1/2 cup confectionner sugar
- 1 cup (90g) all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4/5 cup (20cl) whipping cream
- 1/4 lb (125g) blackberries
Super-Fudgy Double Chocolate Brownie
1. Whisk the eggs and sugar until they get frothy.
2. Add the flour and vanilla extract.
3. Pour into small molds or into a silicon cake pan with caveats.
4. Bake for 20 minutes at 410°F (210°C).
5. Whip the cream and icing sugar to make Chantilly. Mix half the blackberries and add the puree to your cream. Note that the more confectioner sugar you add, the firmer the Chantilly will be, so vary the amount depending on the desired consistency.
6. Top each mini-cake with whipped cream — a pastry bag is helpful — then add a whole blackberry on top. Your mini-bites are ready!
(Photo by ptitcreu)