Madeleine Cake… They always evoke memories of fine tasting in Proust’s In search of lost time. They will delight you with their rather soft and sweet texture. Delicately flavored, the French madeleine cake will make you melt with pleasure. Do you know what’s even better? Preparing Madeleine cakes is very quick and easy!
Difficulty: Easy – Preparation: 15 minutes – Cooking time: 10 minutes
Ingredients: Madeleine cakes
For about three silicone molds, 6 madeleine each:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (150 g) sugar
- 1 1/2 cup (150 g) flour
- 3/4 cup (150 g) of butter
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 lemon rind grated untreated
Preparation of madeleine cakes
- Preheat oven to 360°F (180°c) for medium madeleines
1. In a bowl, whisk eggs, sugar and salt until the mixture whitens.
2. Add the flour, baking powder, warm melted butter and grated zest, mix well and pour into molds.
3. Bake for about 10 minutes.
4. Take out of the oven and leave to cool on rack.
If you do not eat them all on the same day, the madeleines keep very well for few days in an airtight cake box.