Stuff on a stick, perfect for winter indoor BBQ! No need to wait for summer to enjoy these flavorful lamb skewers. Basted with a fragrant mix of honey, mustard, thyme, and roasted in the oven, these tender lamb skewers are the answer when you’re looking for big flavor. Accompany with stir-fried or steamed vegetables for a dish that is very easy to put together and satisfying to share any night of the week.
Ingredients list for Lamb Skewers with Mustard and Honey
- 1.1 pound (500g) boneless lamb leg or lamb shoulder, cut in 1-inch cubes
- Whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 410°F (210°C). Soak skewers into water for 5-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cut the meat in 1-inch cubes. Thread lamb onto skewers and then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and honey then brush with mustard. Add a few sprigs of thyme, salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Grill lamb, turning every 3-4 minutes, until lamb is cooked to desired doneness, 7-8 minutes for medium-rare to medium. Let lamb rest for 5 minutes covered to get a tender meat. Serve with rice and steamed or stir-fried vegetables.