If you haven’t yet found out a go-to recipe for cooking brussels sprouts, this amazing dish is the answer. The result is sweet and spicy brussels sprouts, caramelized at the perfection and that will enhance any of your main dishes.
Ingredients list for the Honey Glazed Brussel Sprouts
- 1 pound (450g) brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons liquid honey
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 onions, peeled and finely minced
- 1 coffee spoon dried garlic (or 1 fresh clove garlic, peeled and de-germed, minced)
- 1 small cayenne chili pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped, with the stem
- 2/3 tablespoon (10g) butter
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (Nuoc mam), optional
Baked Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. Rinse Brussels sprouts and remove yellow or bruised leaves. Cut brussels sprouts in half lengthwise. In a large bowl, combine Brussels sprouts, salt, pepper and honey with a wooden spoon to coat well.
2. Melt butter with half olive oil in a skillet over medium fire and place Brussels sprouts cut side down. Caramelize for 6-8 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a saucepan and fry onion over high heat, process in two passes for 4 to 8 minutes, until golden. Drain with a skimmer and arrange on a plate with absorbent paper.
4. Add garlic, cayenne pepper and Nuoc Mam to the skillet with brussels sprouts and cook for a 2 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Add chopped cilantro, mix well to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl, and sprinkle with fried onion. Serve hot!