Surprise your guests with this simple, fast, festive, gourmet dessert. Trifles desserts are quick to make and accessible to all cooks, whatever your level; they’re ideal for the holiday season. The extra taste is well worth the 10 minutes it will take to make it. You can use anything other than rum: Amaretto or kirsch will do the trick nicely. But personally, I prefer rum! Have your golden spoons ready and tell me how it goes!
Preparation time: 10 min
Cost: easy and affordable
Ingredient list for the christmas trifle dessert recipe
Serve 4 persons:
- 1 dozen ladyfingers cookies
- 6-8 tbsp chestnut puree
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 jar of 1lb (500g) heavy cream, unsweetened
- 6-8 tbsp dark rum
1. Crumble ladyfingers cookies at the bottom of the cups and sprinkle with rum. Let rest.
2. Place a layer of chestnut puree followed by a thick layer of cream mixed with cinnamon powder and honey. This little sour taste goes perfectly with the ultra sweet chestnut puree!
3. Let the christmas trifles stand for 4 hours in your refrigerator before serving.
Trifle dessert recipe inspired by Eleonora