Crazy good! This crisp and refreshing lunch salad in a jar is about to make your work week a thousand percent better! Perfect for back to school, lunch at the work office or simply on the go, this chickpea salad is ready in 10 minutes and full of protein and fiber.
Ingredients list for the chickpea salad
Yield: 1-2 servings
- One 15-oz can cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, seeded an diced
- Juice of 1 1/2 limes
- 3/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
One-Pan Cajun Chicken with Potatoes
1. Combine all the vegetable in a large bowl.
2. Combine honey, lime juice, olive oil, ground cumin, salt and pepper in a jar and shake well to emulsify.
3. Pour the dressing on top of the salad and stir well. Add mint leaves and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. You can let stand for a couple of minutes in the refrigerator to let the flavors develop. Transfer to a mason jar, or serve directly in a salad bowl.