Whether you are looking for an elegant first course for a dinner party or a quick idea to liven up any meal, tortilla roll-ups are always guaranteed to be a big hit. You can assemble these chicken tortilla roll-ups a few hours ahead of time and keep them refrigerated so you won’t be stuck in the kitchen. The recipe is a crossover between mediterranean cuisine with dried tomatoes and classic asian flavors with rice and rice vinegar; but we encourage you to experiment with your own variations!
Ingredients Chicken Tortilla Roll Ups
Makes about 30 pieces:
- 5 wheat tortillas (about 6-inch diameter)
- 5 thin slices of roast chicken breast
- 1 cup of cooked sushi rice
- 1 jar of dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 2/3 cup (150g) of cream cheese (Philadelphia for me)
- 1 bunch of basil
- 1 bowl of water + rice vinegar
1. Mix together the cream cheese and dried tomato.
2. Place a tortilla on the mat previously lined with cling film. Spread the entire surface of the tortilla with the cream cheese and tomatoes mixture.
3. Place a slice of chicken on one half of the tortilla. Place 3 basil leaves and dried tomatoes 1-inch from the edge of the tortilla.
4. Wet your fingers with vinegar and water and spread cooked rice next to the dried tomatoes.
5. Top with a small handful of arugula.
6. Roll each tortilla tightly wrapped in cling film, do not fold in the ends like you would with a burrito but leave them free. Use a sharp knife to cut into 1-inch thick slices, tie with a toothpick, and transfer to a serving platter or bowl.