These bruschetta with goat cheese and tomato can be served as an appetizer, or as a starter, so give some freedom to your imagination! Very cool and very simple to make, these little sandwiches can be found across Italy of course, but also in the south of France around the Nice area.Radish and celery bring a slightly spicy freshness to cheese. The choice of bread is important so try to find a good country bread that you will slice by yourself at the last minute for not to dry. This recipes is part of our best healthy meal recipes roundup.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Ingredient list: Goat Cheese and Tomato Bruschetta
for 4 people
- 8 slices of country bread
- 1 Fresh goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon of heavy Cream
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) olive oil
- Espelette pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 Tomatoes
- 6 Radishes
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 / 2 yellow pepper
- 1 / 2 red pepper
- 2 onions (optional)
- Fresh thyme
1. Preheat oven: 360°F (180 °C.)
2. Toast the bread slices with a little olive oil and fresh thyme, flip to brown the other side.
3. In a bowl, mix the goat cheese with cream and a drizzle of olive oil, add a pinch of Espelette pepper and salt.
4. Remove the stems of the tomatoes with a knife.
5. Plunge the tomatoes in a pan of hot water 1 minute, then soak in a bowl of cold water.
6. Remove the skin from the tomatoes, remove seeds and cut the tomatoes into small cubes.
7. Wash and trim the other vegetables into thin julienne strips.
8. Spread the cheese with a spatula, then tomatoes and finally the julienned vegetables
You can rub the toast with a clove of garlic, fresh violet and replace the goat cheese with Philadelphia with herbs or add a few anchovy fillets and Picholine. So what do you think of this bruschetta recipe?
(Image Frédéric Gaston)