Here’s a fresh new version of the classic fish “en papillote” recipe: the sea bass and vegetables emerge from their packets delicately perfumed and moist to heaven. Aluminum foil is an easy alternative to the parchment paper. As the fish and vegetables bake in their packets, they render a delicious, fragrant broth. This dish is both festive and easy to make, perfect for an outdoor dinner.
Ingredients list for sea bass in foil with carrot, zucchini & fresh herbs
- 4 bars, gutted and scaled
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- Fresh herbs (parsley, chives, coriander …)
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 knob of butter
Preheat your oven to 360°F (180C°)
1. Peel the carrot. Cut the zucchini and carrot into thin strips or julienne. Cook in a pan with a knob of butter. Add salt and freshly ground pepper. Cover and cook over very low heat for about ten minutes.
2. Cut squares of aluminum foil. Top with steamed julienne vegetables. Drop the sea bass over, add salt and pepper. Cover with a handful of fresh chopped herbs and add a slice of lemon. Close the foil tightly.
3. Bake into the hot oven at 360°F (180°C) for 15 minutes. Serve right away out of the oven.
4. Wait everybody’s ready to open his packet. Enjoy the fragrances!