Fresh vegetables, fish, oranges: it takes less than 20 minutes for you to make these colorful baked foils. They are so simple to make and can be kept refrigerated until ready to put in the oven. This quick meal is ideal if you want to start a balanced diet!
Ingredients you will need to make cod in foil with vegetables
- 4 cod fillets (or other white fish)
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 carrots
- 1 orange
- Fresh herbs of your choice (mint, parsley …)
- Salt, Espelette pepper
- Olive oil
Preparation: Cod in foil with vegetables
1. Start by slicing the zucchini into thin sticks. Cut carrots into ribbons with a vegetable peeler. Cut 4 thin slices in the widest part of the orange. Cut 4 large pieces of parchment paper (or aluminum foil).
2. Divide the vegetables into each foil. Add a few leaves of parsley and mint, a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper. Squeeze a little orange juice. Place the fish fillets on top. Season again with salt, and Espelette pepper. Drizzle with olive oil. Place the orange slices and herbs on top. Close the foil and set aside until serving time.
3. Turn your oven on 390°F (200°C). Cook the fish in foils for 20 minutes.
4. Serve the foils still closed on the plates and let everyone enjoy the fragrance when opening. Bon appetit!
Note: You can spice up this dish by adding spices of your choice like cumin, paprika, curry, 5 spices mix etc. A dash of lemon juice and some zest will add tanginess.