Who’s excited for dinner tonight? This baked honey garlic chicken is easy to make and includes a side of veggies straight from the oven! Tender chicken, potatoes and crisp broccoli and packed with tons of flavor. Prepare to meet your new favorite dinner! ♡
Ingredients list for the honey garlic chicken
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 head of broccoli, cut in florets
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 bouillon cube, crumbled
- Fresh ground black pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, garlic, basil, oregano, crumbled bouillon cube, red pepper flakes and pepper.
2. Sear chicken over medium heat in a skillet for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Set aside.
3. Arrange chicken and potatoes in a baking dish. Drizzle with the honey garlic sauce and roast in the oven for 30 minutes, until the chicken is completely cooked through. Add broccoli florets and drizzle with the remaining honey garlic marinade about 15 minutes before the end of cooking time.
4. Serve chicken immediately with potatoes and broccoli, garnished with parsley and sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds, if desired.