Baked garlic and parsley mushrooms—This is comfort food made for dark, chilly days when you want to warm your kitchen with the oven on. The earthiness of mushrooms and garlic is balanced by the brightness of parsley for a side dish that goes with practically anything: on toast, mixed into some fresh pasta, or even in an omelet!
Ingredients list for the baked mushrooms
- 2 pounds (1kg) button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- A handfull of fresh parsley
Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. Toss the mushrooms with olive oil, parsley, salt and pepper to taste in a large salad bowl.
2. Spread on a baking sheet or rimmed baking pan and roast at 425°F (220°C), stirring a few times, until tender and browned, 30 to 35 minutes.
3. Sprinkle with additional chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Note: These baked mushrooms go beautifully on toast, a bed of polenta or even mixed into some fresh pasta with chicken strips.