If you are obsessed with watermelon chances are it will continue this summer since we couldn’t wait to share this refreshing watermelon salad. This recipe is really easy and yes, it start with fresh watermelon. No fake stuff here! You just need to cut a watermelon slab, add crumbled feta cheese, garnish with cilantro, thinly sliced red onion and drizzle with fresh lime juice dressing. And that’s it, you’re done!
Ingredients list for the watermelon salad
- 1 small seedless watermelon
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Super-Fudgy Double Chocolate Brownie
1. Cut watermelon into square 1½ inch thick slabs and set aside. Soak sliced red onion in cold water for about 5 minutes, then strain well.
2. Mix oil, lime juice and salt in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake, taste and adjust seasoning.
3. Arrange watermelon portions on individual serving plates. Top with crumbled feta and garnish with red onion and cilantro. Add a good drizzle of the lime dressing.
Note: Prepare all ingredients and mix the dressing just before serving.