Here’s an easy salmon quiche to enjoy with a glass of white wine for a light evening dinner. Do not bake it in advance to prevent the quiche from drying up. Dill is one the best aromatic herb that fits perfectly with salmon, whether fresh or smoked.
Ingredients list for Salmon tart recipe
For a 7 inches (18cm) quiche:
- 1 pastry sheet (puff pastry is good too — you can also make your own shortcrust pastry following this recipe)
- 1/2 lb (200g) fresh salmon
- 1/2 cup (12cl) cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon dill
- Salt & pepper
Baked Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. Preheat oven to 370°f(190°c).
2. First, spread your pastry into a quiche pan (example here) and let it harden for at least 1 hour in the freezer.
3. Remove the dough from the freezer and bake it for 8 minutes.
4. Cut the salmon into cubes.
5. In a bowl, beat the cream, eggs and dill. Add salt and pepper.
6. Divide the salmon cubes on the bottom of the tart. Cover with cream.
7. Bake for 25 minutes until the quiche is golden brown.
Serve this salmon quiche with a salad for a brunch, lunch, or dinner. You can also reheat it in a 350°F (180°c) oven or serve at room temperature the day after.