Rustic nectarine and apricot tarts — You’ll be surprised how easy this recipe is to make. You can use stone fruits for your tarts, as we did here, but you can use almost any fruit you like. You could make these min rustic tarts with strawberries, peaches, apples and walnuts, pears… The list is endless as soon as you fill it with seasonal fruit! We had these beautiful nectarines and apricots on hand so we made this little beauties. Try it, you’ll love it’s simplicity!
Ingredient list for the mini rustic tarts
For 8 mini tarts:
For the dough:
- 1 2/3 cups (165g) all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup (30g) granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 oz (100g) cold butter
- 1/5 cup (50ml) of cold water
- 1 beaten egg yolk, for brushing the crust
For the filling:
- 3 white nectarines, skinned, pited and diced
- 4 large apricots, skinned, pited and diced
- 1/2 cup (50g) powdered sugar
- Slivered almonds
1. Combine flour, sugar and salt in a bowl.
2. Add cold butter cut into cubes, and mix with your fingertips.
3. Add cold water and mix to form a ball.
4. Knead the dough a little, then spread it on a floured surface. Divide into 8 parts of the same weight, shape balls that you flatten slightly by hand. Wrap in plastic. Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the fruit: Combine nectarines and apricots cut into cubes in a bowl with the sugar. Set aside.
6. Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C).
7. Roll out the discs of dough on a floured surface.
8. Put fruit in the center of each disc, then fold the edges. You can brush the edges with a beaten egg to make a great golden crust.
9. Repeat the process and then transfer the tarts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with almonds.
10. Bake for 20 minutes.