One pan Pork Tenderloin with Smashed Potatoes – an easy, simple, and super flavorful recipe that you can share with friends and family for a scrumptious Holiday dinner.
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 55 mins
Ingredients list for the one pan pork tenderloin with smashed potatoes
The pork tenderloin:
- 1 large pork tenderloin, about 1 1/2 lb (500g)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fennel seeds, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon hot smoked Spanish paprika
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 crumbled bouillon cube
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
Spicy Baked Chicken Tenders
The smashed potatoes
- 10-12 whole new potatoes (or other small round potatoes)
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
1. Combine crushed fennel seeds, garlic, paprika, a crumbled bouillon cube and 2 tablespoons oil in a small bowl. Season pork with pepper and place in a Ziploc bag. Add the spice marinade; seal the bag and turn to coat. Allow to sit 30 minutes minimum. In the meantime, preheat your oven to 450°F(230°C).
2. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook them until they are fork-tender.
3. Place tender potatoes onto the baking sheet. With a potato masher, gently press down each potato until it slightly mashes. Brush the tops of each crushed potato generously with olive oil. Sprinkle potatoes with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper. Set aside.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the pork tenderloin until browned on all sides, 10-15 minutes.
5. Arrange the smashed potatoes and quartered onions in a roasting pan. Transfer pork to the roasting pan and nestle in among smashed potatoes. Pour the cooking juices from the skillet over the potatoes. Roast pork until a thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 145°F(), 8–10 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes and garnish with fresh cilantro before slicing.