Here is a gourmet dessert that is almost “all-in-one”. Rice pudding requires only a little supervision, and is very popular among children and gourmets. The salted butter caramel brings a great salty touch that contrasts with the sweetness of the milky rice pudding.
Ingredient list for the rice pudding
For 8 small ramekins:
- 1/2 cup (100g) round rice
- 2 cups (50cl) whole milk
- 1/3 cup (60g) sugar
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 small pot of salted butter caramel
1. Split the vanilla bean in half and scrape the seeds with the tip of a knife. Assemble the following ingredients in a pot: rice, sugar, milk and vanilla seeds. Do not throw the empty vanilla pod, but slide it into your sugar-pot. It still has enough flavor to perfume your sugar in a completely natural way.
2. Turn the heat under the pan. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, simmer for thirty minutes, stirring regularly.
3. At the end of cooking, add the cream and remove from heat.
4. Let cool before distributing the rice pudding into the ramekins and let chill.
5. To serve, spread a tablespoon of caramel over each ramekin. Enjoy!