For a light and refreshing dinner on a hot sunny day, this fish tartare is very unique! The fish and fruit mixture is surprising but delicious. It is also a good way to benefit from the nutritional qualities of fish. Preferably use one that is very fresh!
Ingredients list for cod and mango tartare
- 1/2 lb (200g) cod fillet
- 1 ripe mango
- 2 lemons
- 1 piece of fresh ginger (1 inch)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- Fresh chives
- Fleur de sel or coarse salt
1. First put the cod fillet in your freezer for 10-15 minutes so it’s easier to cut into neat cubes.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the marinade: Grate the ginger and squeeze the lemons. In a bowl, mix the ginger and lemon juice, and then add the olive oil, turmeric, a pinch of salt and ground pepper.
3. Wash and pat dry the cod fillet. Cut into small cubes with a sharp knife.
4. Peel the mango, remove the core and cut the flesh into small cubes. Mix with the marinade and the cod.
5. Store in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally so that the flavors blend.
6. Spread the tartare in cups and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Garnish with chives.