Beat the winter blue with this simple 10 minute beet and citrus salad packed with vitamins and amazing flavor. So fresh that you’ll forget that it’s not summer!
Ingredients list for the beet and citrus winter salad
- 1 large red beet
- 1/4 medium red onion
- 1 orange
- 1/2 grapefruit
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Sea salt + fresh cracked pepper
- 4 tablespoons high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 coffee spoon pink peppercorns, crushed
- Salt and pepper
1. Peel and thinly slice raw beet, orange, grapefruit and red onion and arrange on plate. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
2. Whisk together olive oil and lemon juice until emulsified. Season with sea salt and pepper, add pink peppercorns and drizzle over prepared salad.