When it comes to preparing weeknight dinners, sometimes the need for speed is evident. Anyone who works a typical working schedule knows well the stress of making dinner. By the time you get out of the office, pick up what you need at the store and walk into your door, cooking is the often last thing you want to do. This pasta recipe is a solid solution to this dinner dilemma: It’s quick to make, healthy and easy to clean up. While it’s true that even a 15-minute recipe requires you to stand up and work a bit, at the end of those 15 minutes you get to enjoy a flipping tasty meal full of fresh ingredients!
Ingredients list for the pasta salad
- 1/2 lb (200g) penne
- 2 ripe avocado
- 20 radishes
- 1 red onion, not too big
- 1 green sweet pepper
- 1 lime
- A few sprigs of fresh coriander
Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti Squash
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Set a large pot of water to boil (for pasta). Salt boiling water generously; add pasta and cook until al dente, according to package instructions.
2. Meanwhile, wash the radishes, remove stems and cut into thin slices. Put them in a bowl.
3. Cut lime in half. Keep one half aside for later. Make thin slices with the second half, remove the skin. Then cut each slice into 4 and put in the bowl with radishes.
4. Peel the red onion and chop it very finely. Wash the sweet pepper, remove the seeds, and chop very finely. Put everything into the bowl.
5. Dice avocado after removing the kernel. Sprinkle the juice of the second lime half to prevent them from turning brown, and add the other ingredients.
6. Rince and chisel cilantro. Add to the other ingredients.
7. Once pasta is cooked, drain, and rinse with cold water to cool down and prevent from becoming sticky.
8. Allow to drain well with a colander.
9. Then add pasta to the bowl with cilantro.
10. Prepare the sauce: beat olive oil with vinegar. Season, and pour into the bowl over the pasta salad.
Mix, and serve!
(Photo by mestitesrecettes)