There is something about a delicious dessert at the end of the meal to cleanse the palate. Featuring only 3 ingredients, this delectable chocolate mousse will delight both chocolate lovers and sweet treats amateurs. The recipe is a spin-off of this no-egg chocolate mousse inspired by Herve This who invented a process to create stunning chocolate mousses with only chocolate and water. Toblerone bars add a bit of crunch to balance the dessert. You can add additional flavorings like coffee or orange juice.
Ingredients list for the chocolate mousse
Makes 4/6 small servings:
- 1/3 pound (150g) Toblerone dark chocolate
- 2/3 cup (150ml) of condensed unsweetened milk, very cold
- A few drops of lemon juice
1. Chop and melt Toblerone: 30 seconds in the microwave, then stir and repeat this process 2 more times or until completely melted.
2. Put the condensed milk and a few drops of lemon juice in a very cold container (15 minutes in the freezer should be fine), mix at low speed and increase speed when the mixture starts to set until you get a nice, light foam. It should look like beaten egg whites.
3. Stir in the cooled melted chocolate, and mix well. Divide into small individual ramekins and allow to cool for 1 hour minimum before serving. Note that these small chocolate mousses are best eaten the same day.