Here’s an apple bread recipe with honey. We’ll make it simple and quick with little fat, just sweetened with honey and the fructose from the apples. This unpretentious apple bread is ideal for tea time. Without any doubt, you’ll see that it exceeds many of the processed cakes you can buy in supermarket! But let’s keep self-congratulations for later… We have a cake to bake!
Ingredients list for the apple bread
- 2 small apples
- 3 1/2 ounces (100g) of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 egg
- Honey, up to your taste
- 1/2 cup (10cl) of liquid whipping cream.
1. Mix the flour, baking powder, egg and honey (I used about 3 or 4 tablespoons of honey, but you can adjust according to your taste). Add the cream to make a dough that is slightly fluid, and finish by adding the apples.
2. Put the dough in a loaf pan lined with parchment paper, streak the top with a drizzle of honey and bake for about 30 minutes at 360°F (180°C).
3. Remove the apple bread from the cake pan and let it cool on a grill. You are welcome to sprinkle a bit of powdered sugar over it but this is truly optional.