Have you ever had the opportunity to enjoy a delicious cold beetroot soup with orange? This gave us the idea of cooking a beet and orange salad, cooking beets directly in orange juice. Fragrant orange softens the beet to offer a delicious combination! Try this as a starter for your next family dinner.
Ingredient list for the beet salad
What you need for 4 people:
- 1 lb (500g) raw beetroot
- 2 oranges
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tamari sauce
1. Brush and clean beets and cut them into small cubes.
2. In a heavy-bottomed pot, pour the orange juice and beets cubes. Close the lid and cook gently for 45 minutes.
3. Turn off the heat and let cool without opening the lid for 30 minutes.
4. In a bowl, prepare the sauce and add the remaining ingredients. It’s ready!