Ingredients list for the mini rice cakes
6 mini cakes:
- 2 oz (60g) frozen peas
- 1/2 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 cup (100g) basmati rice
- 1/3 cup (75ml) milk
- 2 3/4 oz (75g) bacon ( or diced ham )
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 oz (50g) grated cheese
1. Cut bacon into strips, and sweat in a dry pan. This step is not necessary if you use diced ham.
2. Pour 1 cup of cold water in a saucepan, add the frozen peas and 1/2 vegetable bouillon cube. Cover and bring to a boil.
3. Peel and cut the carrots. Pour the rice and diced carrots into the broth, cover and simmer for 10 minutes over very low heat.
4. Preheat oven to 360°F (180°C). When the rice is cooked with vegetables (all the broth has been absorbed), remove the pan from the heat and add the cold milk and bacon strips.
5. Mix, then add the beaten omelet egg and grated cheese. Mix well and adjust seasoning if necessary.
6. Divide into muffin pans or the cavities of a silicon pan, then bake for 15 minutes at 360°F (180°C).
7. Let rest for 5 minutes before un-molding. Serve hot, with a homemade tomato sauce.