The antidote for summer heat—Chill out this summer with this sweet and tangy red currant cooler. A deep, rich flavor abounds from the homemade fruit juice, enhanced by lime slices and plenty of ice, of course! The result is a colorful, fresh flavored drink that is absolutely perfect for cooling down on a hot afternoon.
Ingredients list for the red currant cocktail
- A handfull of fresh red currants, stemmed and rinsed + some for garnish
- 4 slices of lime
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 oz(30ml) gin (optional)
- Still water or sparkling water for topping
1. Put the currants in a blender and pulse until pureed. Push through and strainer and combine with 1 tablespoon sugar. Set aside.
2. Fill two highball glasses with plenty crushed ice and lime slices. Pour the red currant juice on top.
3. Top the glass with gin, water, soda or seltzer, stir and serve garnished with red currants. Enjoy!