Mmmm… This herb butter is a wonderful and amazing ways to bring a little touch of elegance to any meal. Taking only 10 minutes to make with parsley, chives, cilantro, lemon and chili pepper, it’s beautiful on grilled steak, fish, roast potatoes, chicken; perfect stirred into hot, cooked pasta, or just irresistible spread on hot, crusty bread! This flavored butter makes also a great addition to a homemade gift basket for the Holidays!
Ingredients list for the Herb Flavored Butter
- 3/4 pound (350g) good quality unsalted butter
- A small bunch of parsley
- A small bunch of chives
- A small bunch of cilantro
- A handful of fennel greens
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 sweet/mild chili pepper
- Zest of one organic lemon
- Pink peppercorns
1. Soften butter to room temperature and finely chop all the ingredients.
2. Combine butter with parsley, chives, cilantro, fennel, salt, crushed pink peppercorns, chili pepper and lime zest. Mix well.
3. There you have 2 options:
- Scoop compound butter with a coffee spoon to fill small jars, like we did for this recipe.
- Roll up in parchment paper or plastic wrap and chill until firm. When firm, serve sliced with your choice of food.
Keep in the refrigerator for 5 days, in the freezer for a month. Allow frozen butter to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.